Catsports, a fast-growing sports equipment company based in Canada, was launched 35 years ago in the garage of a professional volleyball player. The small home-based shop selling volleyball items soon grew to become a large nationwide enterprise distributing sports equipment across Canada. As the company grew, the technological demands did too as their growth made it necessary for them to move their operations online. They found they required a digital system that could support high inventory management and full-cycle management.
Prior to partnering with k-eCommerce for an ecommerce software solution, Catsports had no transactional website. Their clients ordered products by fax or by phone and it became clear that an online store would empower the company to continue to grow, as it would:
- Make ordering simpler for clients
- Remove the need for multiple customer service agents to take orders by phone
- Reduce the chance of error in orders
Catsports chose k-eCommerce as their ecommerce software solution to integrate with their Microsoft ERP. This integration offered everything the company needed to make a smooth, successful transition to online business:
- Excellent, scalable Microsoft NAV ecommerce integration, which meant the system could be implemented quickly and painlessly
- Cloud-based sync technology
- PCI and SSL compliant, which makes it highly secure
- User-friendly platform that was easy for Catsports’ marketing team to become familiar with
- Competitive pricing model, with fast deployment
k-eCommerce offered a simple, quick way to build a functional online store and ultimately gave Catsports the online store they needed. With k-eCommerce’s integrated cloud-based ecommerce platform, the team was able to use the platform alongside the company’s existing systems. Along with an easy-to-use user interface and CMS where the Marketing Director was able to make simple website edits, k-eCommerce offers a safe SSL system that allowed the team to double down on their marketing efforts with initiatives such as subcategory pages, complementary product suggestions, coupons and gift card services.
The results? Catsports saw substantial ecommerce growth where:
- Boosted month orders by over 61%
- Doubled online sales in year one
- Online sales channel now accounts for 1 of 3 sales
- Year after year growth, setting up 3 new online stores in 1 year
In the past year, Catsports has used k-eCommerce to set up three new websites. With the excellent on-going support offered, they were able to successfully run all of their distinct 5 online stores without requiring additional teams. For Catsports, the future lies in e-commerce—and they will continue to rely on the support of their all-in-one ecommerce solution.
If you are interested in seeing how k-eCommerce can help transform your online business, do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.